17.8.07

Belkin F5D7000 v3 fix

If you happen to have a Belkin F5D7000 v3 like I do you can more then likely relate to the dropping of wireless connectivity all the time in Windows XP. Read on...

I found a fix while looking for Linux drivers for this card. As this card uses a RaLink chipset you can go to http://www.ralinktech.com/ under the support section and download the latest drivers and RaLink wireless utility directly from their website here .

Updating your drivers will alleviate the dropped connections, I had to do the driver update manually as Windows told me it couldn't find a better driver than it already had. But now I haven't had a dropped connection in days!

HTH someone else!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I downloaded and tried to install the RaLinkTech driver for my F5D7000 version 3000 on my XP SP2 PC.

The setup wizard installed the RAlink wireless utility and the AEGIS protocol support but refused to actually install the RT2500 driver. Even a manual install failed.

Upon further investigation, the RT2500.INF file that was extracted to the 'program files' folder, has all references to Belkin vendor ID removed.

I have modified the version labelling of an earlier Belkin copy of the RT2500.INF file. This allowed me to manually install the newer RT2500.SYS driver. Here are the files I used:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/czliqw